Online communities are now an integral part of many businesses and many large organisations already have communities. But what are they and what value they bring in? Let’s have a look
Having an online community for a business serves many valuable purposes. It’s a place where you will want your customers, brand advocates, employees and other stakeholders to ‘interact’ and do what they could not do elsewhere!
For instance, while making discussions with customers, your team can lay a foundation for next updated version of the product which already has a latent demand.
There are many platforms to facilitate online engagement and foster social interactions with customers. Here are some leading online communities and social business software.
An active community can do wonders for your business, but keeping it active is a challenge. To make sure your community members remain engaged, it should offer basic functionalities of easy interaction amongst the users.
CometChat’s chat integration platform does just that. At CometChat, we make sure that the users of your community can connect with each other in multiple ways including real-time text chat, voice & video calling & conference, collaborative Whiteboard & document and much more.
The purpose of having such a platform is to let various stakeholders communicate freely. CometChat helps you achieve this by giving them a platform to share their ideas, questions, and thoughts.
With products like CometChat you can easily integrate chat into your existing website/app with the help of our mobile and web SDK.
CometChat’s web and mobile SDK are ready to integrate and work right out of the box on every major platform including :
Chat options are not new to websites, and social communities like Facebook already have them. Going by the popularity of the instant messenger, it is evident that chat app is a must have.Once you have integrated chat to your community:
Chat Integrations are feature-rich and bring life to your community. Here are some with their usage scenarios:
• Group Chat: One-on-One chat is prevalent, what brings difference is the availability of group chat.
Use Case: Community members gather in a single place using group chats, here members share thoughts and discuss ideas. Groups can also be made exclusive by creating password protected and invitation-only groups.
• Voice & Video Calling & Conference: User can make video calls and also create a virtual hangout space by using the voice & video conference feature.
Use Case: Any satisfied user can discuss the benefits of your product or service with other customers who are willing to buy from you. It facilitates word of mouth marketing.
• Broadcast Message: This feature, allows users to send across a text message to multiple users at the same time. Increasing your outreach and roping-in attention of all your users.
Use Case: Your community members are having an issue with the product or service you provide. You find a resolution; now you can inform all your community members about the same at the click of a button.
• Real-time Language Translation This feature translates all incoming conversations to the language of your users choice in real-time allowing users from all over the globe to connect without any barriers.
Use Case: Your community members may be spread across the globe and using this feature, they will get the messages in the language they understand. They can also send the translated message to other members without having to know that language.
• Collaborative Whiteboard: A virtual whiteboard allows users to sketch their ideas and share them with other users within chat. With the whiteboard feature users let their creativity flow.
Use Case: There is an online forum for Interior Designers here Designers from all over the world get together and discuss ideas and projects. Sara shares her new project on the group chat using the virtual whiteboard to get opinions from group members on her latest project.
• Collaborative Document: Users can use this feature to create a document/report collaboratively. They can make edits, save revisions, and even export files with this plugin.
Use Case: Your online community may have all the stakeholders, including your brand advocates. Say you request them to write a product review; they can use this feature to write the same.
• File Sharing: Users can share pictures, files or documents, spreadsheets and more within the chat in a snap creating more engaging and interactive conversations.
Use Case: A brand advocate in your community wants to share some specific images of your product. He or she can share it instantly with other members.
Once your community has grown sufficiently, and there are many brand advocates for your products or services, then you can even think of creating categories of customers.
So your premium members get to use all the features, and free users have limited access of CometChat. You may even make CometChat earn for you by adding custom advertisements! Make the best use of following features:
Summarising the article, chat integrations are gateways to increase user engagement, user retention, and drive monetization to your website and now you are set with all the resources that you need to create, power and grow your community.