Terms of Service
By using the cometchat.com web site (“Service”), or any services of CometChat, Inc., you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
CometChat, Inc. reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: Terms of Service
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While CometChat, Inc. prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that CometChat, Inc. cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 18 years or older to use this Service.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. CometChat, Inc. cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by your users).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- A valid credit card/PayPal account is required for paying accounts.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly/yearly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card/PayPal account that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. CometChat, Inc. does not accept any liability for such loss.
- Our order process is conducted by our online reseller Paddle.com. Paddle.com is the Merchant of Record for all our orders. Paddle provides all customer service inquiries and handles returns.
Cancellation and Termination
- You can cancel your account at any time by emailing [email protected], at which point your account will be canceled by our team in a timely manner. Your account is considered canceled when you have received an email confirmation of the cancellation from the CometChat team.
- All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information can not be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- CometChat, Inc., in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other CometChat, Inc. service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. CometChat, Inc. reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- CometChat, Inc. reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the CometChat Site (http://www.cometchat.com/) or the Service itself.
- CometChat, Inc. shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- CometChat, Inc. does not pre-screen Content, but CometChat, Inc. and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You understand that CometChat, Inc. uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, CometChat, Inc., or any other CometChat, Inc. service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by CometChat, Inc.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any CometChat, Inc. customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transfered unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You (and your users) must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You (and your users) must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- CometChat take all reasonable efforts to provision sufficient resources to provide good quality of Service, relative to the plan purchased. If Your use of the Services affects the quality of Services that we are able to provide to other customers, CometChat, Inc. may suspend Services to You. Depending on the specific issue (for example, whether sustained or a one-time occurrence), CometChat, Inc. may require You to upgrade to a higher capacity account. CometChat, Inc. undertakes to discuss such problems with You in good time, should they arise
- If your bandwidth usage exceeds 500 MB/month, or significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by CometChat, Inc.) of other CometChat customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your account until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- CometChat, Inc. does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that CometChat, Inc. shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if CometChat, Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of CometChat, Inc. to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and CometChat, Inc. and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and CometChat, Inc. (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to [email protected]