WooCommerce is easily one of the best e-commerce development solutions available today. What makes it great is the fact that there are hundreds of plugins and extensions that help you transform your online store into a real money making proposition! Let’s take a look at 7 WooCommerce extensions that should be on your wish list if you are serious about making good money and creating an online shopping experience.
- Amazon Payment Advanced Amazon Payments Advanced provides your store with a rich payment gateway that integrates credit card processing by Amazon. The extension is free but offers good support and security. It embeds the Amazon Payment widget to your store and allows you to see buyer interactions with the extension. Rating: 4/5 Verdict: You still have to use SSL certificate for secure payments.
- WooCommerce Smart Sales Badge This extension changes the ‘Sale!’ sticker on your WooCommerce store by allowing you to tell your visitors exactly how much they can save by purchasing the product. The badge reads ‘Save $X’ and ‘Save up to $X’, which in our opinion is much more effective. Rating: 4.5/5 Verdict: Light, effective, and free!
- WooCommerce Checkout Manager WooCommerce Checkout Manager streamlines the checkout process by allowing you to remove fields and ‘required’ attributes, and adding custom fields on the checkout page. The extension is highly flexible and allows you to add four field types – Text Inputs, Select Option, Check Boxes, and Date Picker. Rating: 3.5/5 Verdict: Free version is not that great compared to Pro Version
- MailChimp Integration – WooChimp WooChimp is a MailChimp extension for WooCommerce and helps you build amazing WYSIWYG templates for newsletters and emails. You can use it to add the subscription option on the checkout page, front-end widgets, and short code sign up forms anywhere on your store. You also have a wide range of features for issuing auto responder emails, which are a necessity in running a successful online store. Rating: 5/5 Verdict: It’s MailChimp!
- Product Details Customizer Developed by James Koster, the guy behind the core WooCommerce plugin, the Product Details Customizer extension is just what it sounds like. You can choose to reveal or hide components like images, up-sells, tabs, and related products based on your preferences. It’s the ideal WooCommerce extension for stores that feature plugins with limitations to product detail customization. Rating: 4.5/5 Verdict: Practical choice to leverage on visual marketing.
- WooCommerce Product Gift Wrap WooCommerce Product Gift Wrap is developed by another core developer of WooCommerce, Mike Jolley. Let’s face it – we love using gift wrapping services, especially during the holiday season. This extension helps you add a gift wrapping option to products for free or for a price you get to choose. Rating: 4/5 Verdict: Great for stores that sell seasonal products and goods. 7. Social Coupon for WordPress If you really want your store to make waves, then Social Coupon is a great extension for you. Each time someone shares, likes, tweets, or +1 your store or its pages, they receive a coupon code. The best thing about this extension is that the user does not have to type the code since it will automatically be added upon checkout! Rating: 5/5 Verdict: Great extension for referral marketing and social integration.