In 2006, the world of the web welcomed a new addition to its family – Codeigniter. A decade later, Codeigniter is still going strong as a lightweight yet powerful open source PHP framework. Despite having a relatively small footprint, there is no denying that the framework is one of the best when it comes to developing simple, elegant, and full-featured web applications. If you’re an aspiring developer and want to leverage on the Codeigniter architecture and framework, here are 5 awesome tutorials you must follow to stay ahead of the curve!
- joTorres joTorres is a respected web developer who has mastered jQuery, PHP, and Codeigniter. joTorres has a tutorial for absolute beginners (shared below) to learn how to use Codeigniter. While the tutorial was posted nearly 5 years ago, the developer has updated it which means that it will work on the latest framework. There are many other great tutorials on Codeigniter that you can find here. Tutorial URL: http://www.jotorres.com/2011/11/codeigniter-for-the-absolute-beginner/
- Envato tuts+ Envato tuts+ is somewhat a web development royalty as the platform has helped thousands of developers around the world improve their skills with easy and clear cut instructions. Drazen Mokic, for instance, is one of the many developers who mentor aspiring developers with their tutorials. Below is a link to a tutorial on creating RSS 2.0 feed with Codeigniter. Tutorial URL: http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/building-an-rss-2-0-feed-with-codeigniter–net-7811
- C# Corner C# Corner is another popular website where you can find tutorials for entry level developers to advanced web application development. C# Corner features developers as tutors from the leading IT sectors in the world and has some of the brightest minds when it comes to Codeigniter. Below is a comprehensive tutorial on fetching data from database in Codeigniter. Tutorial URL: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/051e29/fetch-data-from-database-with-codeigniter-framework-in-php/
- Devshed Network Devshed Network should be in a league of its own in all fairness. The website has been in the limelight for a decade and you are bound to find so many great tutorials not just limited to Codeigniter but other open source PHP frameworks as well. One of the best things about Devshed Network is that it has a solid community behind it which means that your questions and concerns are answered within no time. Below is a great tutorial on validating web forms using Codeigniter. Tutorial URL: http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/Validating-Web-Forms-with-the-Code-Igniter-PHP-Framework/
- Ask About PHP Ask About PHP is yet another top tutorial and blog that caters to a wide demographic of developers around the world. Like Devshed Network, Ask About PHP has been actively providing tutorials to aspiring talents for a decade. Here is an awesome tutorial on how you can create dynamic graphs with fusion charts and jQuery on Codeigniter. Tutorial URL: http://www.askaboutphp.com/2010/07/30/codeigniter-creating-dynamic-graphs-using-jquery-and-fusioncharts/