WordPress is by far the most popular website platform that powers millions of websites. The best thing about this platform is support for dozens of plugins that extend its features.
If you own an online community website, we have listed five must-have wordpress plugins that can greatly improve the user experience of your site.
UserPro offers streamlined integration with dozens of other social media sites. The plugin has the following features.
Allow users to connect their Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Instagram profiles.
- Support customizable registration and login forms.
- Badges and achievements celebrate the accomplishment of online community website users.
- Supports multiple member list displays, content restriction, public and private feed, and viral marketing.
Users ULTRA is another great WordPRess plugin for online community sites that support advanced user management features. With this plugin installed, you can benefit from the following features.
Protect your site from spammers and bots using reCaptcha.
- Customize the site components making your community site unique and stand apart from other sites.
- Allow users to follow each other’s activity feeds as well.
BuddyPress is a popular social community tool for WordPress websites. The online tool supports various features. Some of the value-added features of the site include the following.
BuddyPress is a popular social community tool for WordPress websites which supports various value-added features for building an online community.
- Profile creation.
- Manage account settings.
- Activity streams for members and groups.
- Private messaging feature.
The social networking tool also has a good online support that makes integration easy for new users.
CometChat is a useful WordPress plugin that can make the community site more interactive, fun, and entertaining for the users. Some of the value-added features of the plugin include the following.
- Voice, Video and Text Chat: The plugin adds video and voice chat feature to the community website. Users can also communicate through text and group chat with each other.
- Collaborative Whiteboard: This feature allows users to more than just chat with each other. Users can interact with each other using a whiteboard. They can sketch out their ideas or play tick tack toe with each other.
- File Sharing: With this feature users can share files with each other. They can share documents, photos, and spreadsheets with each other.
- Bots: One of the most interesting features of CometChat WordPress plugin is that it supports online bots. Users can ask the bot to search for a picture, tell about the weather, list stock prices, and even request a PayPal payment.Private messaging feature.
- Monetize Community Websites: You can monetize your WordPress community website with CometChat plugin. The plugin helps in increased user engagement through improved collaborations and superior communication.
5. WP Symposium Pro
WP Symposium Pro is an alternative to BuddyPress. The online networking tool supports the following features.
- Online galleries.
- Integration with popular social media sites.
- Multiple style templates.
In the end, remember that the main aim of a community website is to make it easy for users to connect with each other. You should focus on creating a pleasant user experience to attract more users to your website. The WordPress plugins mentioned above will surely help in achieving this aim.
In case you require any additional information about the plugins listed above, feel free to contact us.
If you would like to know more about how CometChat WordPress plugin can help social communities improve their engagement and retention, you can refer to this article which specifically focuses on how real time chat are the game changers in social community.